Linda Raymer, CTIE
The luxury division of Travelink, American Express Travel and every itinerary delivered to our discerning customers are personally over-seen by our Vacation Travel Services President, Linda Raymer. Her decades of experience enjoying the best luxury travel has to offer will ensure your vacation is more than a trip; it will be a privileged journey.
Linda owned the American Express Nashville agency, WorldClass Travel, which was acquired by Travelink, American Express Travel in 2000. During her time as an agency owner and now in her current role at Travelink, Linda has served on the American Express CTN Advisory Board as well as the American Express Vacations Advisory Board and the Departures Luxury Council.
Linda is passionate about travel and the future of the travel industry. As the daughter of a career Army officer she admits she was probably always in the travel business. By the time she married, Linda had traveled to all 50 states and since then has added more than 50 countries on six continents to her list of “bucket trip destinations”. Her work and travels have given her firsthand insights into the expectations of the luxury traveler. A graduate of Peabody College of Education of Vanderbilt University in Nashville and former school teacher, her dedication to being a professional is exhibited in a focus on lifelong learning by earning Destination and Lifestyle Certifications as well as the Certified Travel Counselor and Certified Travel Industry Executive designations.
Along with her husband, Linda organized and produced the International Church Music Festival in various locations in England and on the continent for 26 years. That event hosted as many as 600-1000 participants each year from a dozen or more countries and helped create her sense of being a global citizen as well as refined her skills in event planning. In that arena she has served as the official meeting planner for the Church Music Publishers Association for 25 years.
Traveling to London more than 75 times and Switzerland over 40 times in the past 37 years has helped her earn recognition as a Travel+Leisure A-List top Travel Advisor and adds to her ability to customize unique experiences in many destinations.
Some favorite travel memories include:
- Enjoying a horse drawn sleigh ride on Christmas Day from Oberammergau through the snow to Linderhoff castle
- Climbing to the top of the bell tower (after hours) in Westminster Abbey and being allowed to ring one of the bells!
- Riding in a hot air balloon over the Maasai Mara during the great migration
- Seeing the sunrise atop Machu Picchu
- Experiencing a failed attempt at a Tango lesson in Buenos Aires
- Walking with the Lions in Zimbabwe
- Taking hundreds of pictures of Iguanas in the Galapagos when I do not like any kind of reptile!
- Being whisked away from the Hong Kong airport in a Bentley to a harbor view suite at the Peninsula
- Having private time to review childhood school papers of Winston Churchill at Churchill College in Cambridge
- Realizing we were the only Westerners at a very remote local market in Myanmar in 1997
- Visiting in the home of a local displaced family along the Yangtze River
- Dining with locals we did not know in a private home in Cape Town
- Meeting the parents of our favorite driver in Rome at their home and enjoying a meal prepared by his lovely mother
- Seeing the Three Tenors concert at Giants Stadium for a significant birthday
- Feeling overwhelmed at my good fortune to have a special lunch at Hotel Splendid Portofino for my mother’s 80th birthday
- Getting up close and personal with elephants at Stanley Camp in Botswana
- Lingering over an amazing dinner under the stars at Royal Malewane in South Africa
Learn how Linda can help plan your journey by visiting Privileged Journeys.